1. The choir is starting back next Tuesday, 4th February, at 3pm. Gathering in the Club House Hotel and new members welcome.
2. WEDNESDAY, 12th February at 11am in the Hoban Hotel (formerly Aspect, near Meubles)
‘Where Old Ghosts Meet’ is a celebration of the life and work of Patrick Kavanagh, with Jimmy Rhatigan. The presentation will be followed by questions and answers. This event is organised by the retired secondary teachers group. Please let me know if you wish to attend as the hotel will require numbers.
3. Wednesday, 19th February – Visit Altamont Gardens to enjoy the Snowdrops. Meet in Woodies Car Park at 10.30 am. We will pool cars. Stopping in the Arboretum Garden and Lifestyle Centre on the way home for lunch (1.30pm approx)
4. Thursday, 27th February – Coffee Morning in Windgap (opportunity to meet members from south of the county). Meet Woodies car park to pool cars at 10.45am if you require a lift.. Coffee in Windgap at 11.30am. Please book with me by 23rd February so that I can let the coffee shop know.
5. Midweek break: 3 Nights at the Garryvoe Hotel, Ballycotton Bay, Co. Cork. Planned dates 8th, 9th, 10th March.
The package includes the following:
– 3 nights Bed & Breakfast
– Dinner on each night in the Lighthouse bistro
– Admission to Ballymaloe Cookery School Gardens
– Complimentary yoga/stretching class on day of your choice
– No single supplement
– €240.00 per person
****You will need to confirm booking with me immediately (by Friday at the latest) to secure our preferred dates**** We can also car pool for this.
6. Music Appreciation with Joy Bibby – 30th March at 11.30am in Club House Hotel. This will be followed by our monthly lunch
For Your Information
Free Counselling Sessions for RTA members (First 3 sessions)
At some time or other in our lives we feel anxious, worried or overwhelmed by life situations. Did you know that one of the services available to RTA members is 3 free counselling sessions. Please check Rtaireland and the details can be found under SERVICES.
At our AGM it was proposed that we’d make a charitable donation to 2 groups – Amber Womens Refuge and the Parkinsons Association. We are proceeding to donate €250 to Amber Womens Refuge but as there is no branch of the Parkinsons Association in Kilkenny we are giving this some more thought.